July 25th, 2010, 3:15 pm · 2 Comments · posted by KELLI HART, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
For the 22 business days ending July 8 – DataQuick’s freshest stats — South Coast homebuying patterns showed:
- 196 homes were bought in the region in the period – +4% vs. a year ago.
- Sales counts in all Orange County beach towns ran +3% vs. a year ago.
- Countywide, it was +9% vs. a year earlier.
- The sales-weighted average of median price changes in South Coast ZIPs was -23% vs. a year ago.
- Price change in all Orange County beach towns ran +6% vs. a year ago.
- Countywide, it was +7% vs. a year earlier.
- For a detailed report on countywide price moves, CLICK HERE.
Here’s a look at how South Coast ZIPs compare to all Orange County beach town trends and countywide totals for homebuying and median selling prices:
|Town||ZIP||Median price||Year’s chg.||Sales||Year’s chg.|
|San Juan Capo||92675||$400,000||+24.2%||48||+17.1%|
|All beach towns||$686,750||+5.6%||520||+2.6%|
Click on ZIP codes to see a sampling of homes listed for sale in that community priced within 10% of the current median sales price.
More real estate news…
SOUTH COAST TRENDS